WHY DOES METRO MOMMY AGENCY EXIST?
The purpose To fill in the gap and provide sound, hands-on maternal support for mothers from metropolitan communities lacking consistent childbirth education and cohesive healthy support systems for families.
These communities are marked by increased rates of disease, increased unnecessary C-sections, shorter breastfeeding practices and minimal natural birth options in local hospitals. Not surprisingly, these communities are also known for having disparities in healthy eating habits, healthcare, and education.
The plan To provide excellent care and critical knowledge through childbirth education, doula & labor support services, nutritional coaching, and personalized consultations.
Metro Mommy Agency can help all mothers have the best spark wherever they are in their journey of mothering. Metro mommies with no partner, partner, family or friends can find the support they need most during this challenging and delicate time.
Research shows that if significant sociodemographic disparities exist in the childbirth education a mother acquires, those disparities can play a major role in whether or not a mother will breastfeed successfully and if she will have the knowledge needed to be fully supported into motherhood.
- We believe that the birth experience and support received during early parenting has deep implications for mothers, families, communities and society at large.
- We believe birth should be mother-friendly and take place in a baby-friendly environment.
- We believe breastfeeding outcomes are critical to the success of bonding and is best for mother and baby.
- We believe education that is evidence-based can encourage informed decisions, reduce unnecessary interventions, and empower families to be responsible for their health.
- We believe, despite negative influences in her environment, a nurtured mother can care adequately for her baby.
- We believe that mothers must have continuous support before, during and after childbirth in order to be equipped for such a great task.
- We believe in serving mothers in conjunction with community professionals in the childbirth industry with integrity, quality and efficiency.